The FLEXlm service does not work on windows vista:
But there is a workaround. Follow the steps below:
I had selected compatibility mode "windows xp sp2" for all the apps used below and used administrator rights for all the apps and the console as well.
- Download the files listed for your windows version xp. link
- Unzip them in a folder "c:\flexlm\"
- Place your license file in this folder with the name "license.dat"
- Run "i86_n3_lmgrd -c license.upd -l log -z"
- z is only used to show you what the app does. incoming / outgoing connections
- Now you computer is running with the license server located on: "localhost:27000"
- Use Rational License Key Administrator
- Now you can connect to this license server and run Rational Rose as normal.