If Outlook has a CPU usage of 100% when trying to view the calendar some command line arguments can be used to start outlook in a mode where it startup and performs some maintenance tasks.
In my case outlook suddenly no longer was able to view the calendar view. I solved it by starting outlook with the arguments below.
- /cleanreminders – Clears and regenerates reminders.
- /cleanrules – Starts Outlook and deletes client- and server-based rules.
- /cleanviews – Restores default views. All custom views you created are lost.
- /cleansniff – Deletes duplicate reminder messages.
- /cleanserverrules – Starts Outlook and deletes server-based rules.
- /resettodobar – Rebuilds the task bar. (Removes double tasks if any)
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe" /Cleanreminders